Congratulations to all the winners of the 2012-2013 Technical Communication Summit Awards competition sponsored by the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) chapter. The winners are listed at https://competition.stcwdc.org/competition-winners-2012-2013/.
The Competition Awards Celebration and Networking Night on 13 March 2013 at Carmine’s Penn Quarter, Washington, DC, will showcase the award-winning entries. You can get your hands on some of the best work in our profession and read snippets of what our judges had to say.
The celebration will include a short awards ceremony and a not-too-fast speed networking activity to get us talking to one another and practicing our elevator speeches. Let’s not forget the food, which Carmine’s, the legendary family-style Italian restaurant of NYC and now of DC, will serve family-style to our tables in abundance. It’s sure to be a magical night and a great opportunity to broaden your network and make new friends.
- Caesar Salad
- Garlic Bread
- Penna alla Vodka
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Chocolate Torte
- Beer and Wine (limited open bar for two hours)
- Soft Drinks
- Coffee and Hot Tea
The really good news is that not only were the entry fees for the competition lower this year, but you will also pay much lower prices to attend the awards celebration.
Register now for the awards celebration at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/competition-awards-banquet-and-networking-night-tickets-5301932222.
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2008-2009 technical communication competitions sponsored by the chapter. Winners lists are now on the main site. See the 2008-2009 Competitions Winners page for links to the Online Communication Competition, Technical Art Competition, and Technical Publications Competition winners.
Copies of the winning entries will be on display at the Competition Awards Celebration on 7 February 2009 at the historic 1825 Federal-style mansion, Diplomatic and Consular Officers, Retired (DACOR) Bacon House). More information about the celebration is at https://events.stcwdc.org/competition-awards-celebration-7-february-2009/.
We are pleased to announce that nine of our entries to the International Communication Competitions won awards this year. See 2007-2008 Competition Winners Lists for all our local competitions winners. Winners of the international competitions are on display at the Annual Conference (Technical Summit) in June. For a list of all international winners, see https://archives.stcwdc.org/0708-winners.shtml#INTLCOMP
- Online Communication
- Excellence: "Westat Data Collector Training Gaining Cooperation: Contact – Connect – Convince" Contributers: Sally Heldich, Ingrid Putschi, Neal Martin, Charles McNeil of Westat
- Technical Art
- Excellence: "New Therapeutic Options in Thyroid Cancer" Contributer: Joan Barbour of Palladian Partners, Inc.
- Technical Publications
- Distinguished: "Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content That Work" Contributer: Janice (Ginny) Redish of Redish & Associates, Inc.
- Distinguished: "Pictures of the Future" Contributer: Arthur F. Pease of Siemens AG
- Excellence: "Exceptional Software Strategies, Inc. Newsletter" Contributers: Rebecca Popka, Shervonne Cherry, Sylvie Schuresko, TJ Pawlikowski, William Kileen of Exceptional Software Strategies, Inc.
- Excellence: "PERC Research and Development Brochure" Contributers: Lindsay Pack, & Stephen Namie of Energetics; Greg Kerr, Director of PERC R&D
- Excellence: "The New Genetics" Contributer: Alison Davis of NIH / NIGMS
- Merit: "Export Program Manual" Contributers: John Patterson, Michael Perry, Rebecca Frasure, Bruce Attavian of U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Merit: "Security Metrics (Addison-Wesley Professional)" Contributer: Andrew Jaquith of Addison-Wesley Professional