Dr. Ugur Akinci has written a post about the Best of Show winner in this year's STC WDC Technical Publications competition. Read about the Best of Show winner "Pictures of the Future" from Siemens, Germany on his Technical Communication Center blog.
We are pleased to announce that nine of our entries to the International Communication Competitions won awards this year. See 2007-2008 Competition Winners Lists for all our local competitions winners. Winners of the international competitions are on display at the Annual Conference (Technical Summit) in June. For a list of all international winners, see https://archives.stcwdc.org/0708-winners.shtml#INTLCOMP
- Online Communication
- Excellence: "Westat Data Collector Training Gaining Cooperation: Contact – Connect – Convince" Contributers: Sally Heldich, Ingrid Putschi, Neal Martin, Charles McNeil of Westat
- Technical Art
- Excellence: "New Therapeutic Options in Thyroid Cancer" Contributer: Joan Barbour of Palladian Partners, Inc.
- Technical Publications
- Distinguished: "Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content That Work" Contributer: Janice (Ginny) Redish of Redish & Associates, Inc.
- Distinguished: "Pictures of the Future" Contributer: Arthur F. Pease of Siemens AG
- Excellence: "Exceptional Software Strategies, Inc. Newsletter" Contributers: Rebecca Popka, Shervonne Cherry, Sylvie Schuresko, TJ Pawlikowski, William Kileen of Exceptional Software Strategies, Inc.
- Excellence: "PERC Research and Development Brochure" Contributers: Lindsay Pack, & Stephen Namie of Energetics; Greg Kerr, Director of PERC R&D
- Excellence: "The New Genetics" Contributer: Alison Davis of NIH / NIGMS
- Merit: "Export Program Manual" Contributers: John Patterson, Michael Perry, Rebecca Frasure, Bruce Attavian of U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Merit: "Security Metrics (Addison-Wesley Professional)" Contributer: Andrew Jaquith of Addison-Wesley Professional