The following announcement is from Jennifer O'Neill, Europe SIG Manager.
For the second year running, the International Technical Communication SIG and the Europe SIG are going to do a joint progression on international issues related to technical communication.
If you're interested in presenting a topic related to localisation, internationalisation, cross-cultural/cross-language communication, working abroad, legal issues related to international communication, or another topic related to international or specifically Europe (or indeed EMEA – Europe, Middle East and Africa) drop me a note and I'll start organising some ideas.
I've done a few progressions at the annual conferences and they are fun and stimulating. A very interactive way to discuss a topic.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 5 October 2009. So there's not too much time left.
Manager, Europe SIG
Speakers: Barbara Herzog, James Dittbrenner, Sylvan Von Burg, Susan Musich, Renée Barnow, and Tom Dezell
Location: NRECA Conference Center Directions to the event.
Register for this event through Cvent. Download a PDF of the event description and registration information.
* $5 for STC WDC Members and IEEE Members (this is a joint event)
* $15 for Non-members
* FREE for full-time student guest of a paid attendee (student guest must register)
Dinner included in event cost.
No matter where you are in your career, you should always be prepared to get back into the job market. Come learn the latest trends in the job search process and start laying the groundwork for your next job search. This event will be a progression. Each speaker will host a 25-minute roundtable discussion. At the end of each discussion, you will move to another table with a different topic and speaker. A pizza dinner will be served.
You will have time to attend four of the following six table topics, each offered by an expert on that topic:
* The Five Methods for Securing Interviews (Speaker: Barbara Herzog)
* Targeting Your Job Search and Effectively Using Career Fairs (Speaker: James Dittbrenner)
* Résumés and Job Search Communications (Speaker: Sylvan Von Burg)
* Using the Internet in the Job Search (Speaker: Susan Musich)
* Lost Your Job? Gain Control with Action Based Communication™ during the Interview (Speaker: Renée Barnow)
* Networking for the Nervous Novice or Naïve Job Seeker (Speaker: Tom Dezell)
If you have already registered through the Cvent site but have not yet paid, go to the registration page [disabled] to make a secure online payment through our PayPal page using your credit card, debit card, bank account, or by paying money from a funded PayPal account. Or, you may send a check made out to STC Washington, DC Chapter to
STC Washington DC Chapter
PO Box 11186
Takoma Park, MD 20913