All STC memberships are on a calendar-year basis, not an anniversary basis. All memberships expire 31 December of the membership year. Renew your STC membership today to continue receiving exclusive benefits such as the member rate for the 2013 Summit, STC’s annual conference and expo. Renewal by 31 Dec gives you Classic membership for only $195. With the addition of one chapter ($25) and one SIG ($10), the total cost of membership for individuals joining or renewing at the Classic Membership level on or before 31 December 2012 is $230.
See the chart of membership levels and dues at https://www.stc.org/membership.
To join or renew STC, go to https://www.stc.org/membership/
Changes to the STC Renewal Policy
- The reinstatement fee for late-renewing members has been eliminated.
- Membership terms are on a calendar-year basis and expire 31 December. Access to 2012 membership benefits (including members-only resources and events and member pricing) will be extended until 15 January 2013.
- Starting January 2013, Membership dues will be prorated based on the month a member joins or renews.
- Despite other changes to renewal deadlines, individuals must still join or renew by 28 February 2013 to be eligible to vote in the STC elections.
All memberships now include
- A free copy of STCE28099s 2013 Salary Database, containing the most up-to-date information from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on what technical communicators are earning nationwide
- Discounts on new CPTC Certification
- Free, members-only, sponsored live webinars
- A new affinity program that provides discounts on software, products, and services from companies our members work with every day
- Access to over 70 free on-demand, archived, Web seminars on topics ranging from User Experience and Accessibility to Content Management and DITA
- Professional support through our global network of 6,000 professionals
- Online access to industry-leading publications Intercom and Technical Communication
- Access to the members-only sections of the STC website, including the community leadership resources, the STC Member Directory, and more
- 14-day advance access to the newest employment opportunities available in the STC Job Bank
- Opportunities to volunteer in local chapters and SIGs, attend regional conferences and events, and network with other professionals in the field of technical communication
After 31 December 2012, dues at the Classic and Gold Education membership levels will increase to $225 and $425, respectively. For individuals residing in emerging nations, there will be a reduction in the cost of adjusted dues at the Classic and Student membership levels to $50 and $25 respectively, and community memberships in emerging nations will be reduced to $10 per chapter and $5 per SIG. All other levels of membership dues will remain at the same price as 2012.