Recruit New Members by 15 January and Get Credit Toward Your 2013 Membership!
Every time you recruit a new member, you strengthen STC. A vital and growing STC membership means greater recognition of technical communicators, improved educational and networking opportunities for members, and the advancement of the profession. Why not reach out and share the same valuable opportunities with your colleagues? We know that you understand the value of your STC membership and now is the perfect time to reach out to your professional contacts and recruit them to join STC. When you recruit a new member, STC wants to reward you.
What’s In It for You?
You are the greatest testimony to the benefits of being an STC member. By recruiting others, you will:
- Expand your network of TC professionals
- Strengthen STC—A vital and growing membership means greater recognition of the TC profession, improved educational and networking opportunities for members, and the advancement of technical communication worldwide
- Help others succeed in their careers
- Receive recognition for your recruitment efforts
- Receive a $25 credit per recruit towards your 2013 membership dues, up to the cost of a Classic membership.
How It Works
Tell a friend, colleague, or employer why you’re a member and why the Society is an indispensable part of your professional development.
Have your referral join STC by 15 January 2013, list your name in the “Referred by” field on the member application and enter “MGAM13” as the promotion code. MGAM members must enter your name for you to get the referral credit.
Don’t forget to tell your referral to join our chapter! The extra $25 provides the benefits of
- Local job postings
- Uploading your resume to our Resume Board
- Local education
- On and offline networking
- Lower fees for our local technical communication competition and other events
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
- Access to the chapter’s group on MySTC
If you refer only one member, you’ve got that paid for!
Referring members (you) must renew by 28 February 2013 to be eligible for referral credit.
STC is the organization that brings all parties involved in the technical communication profession together. STC is the voice for the profession. STC creates a climate where technical communicators are valued—and hired—for their expertise. This past year, STC’s work with the Bureau of Labor Statistics resulted in a separate chapter for technical writers in the Occupation Outlook Handbook, an essential reference document for corporations. This means for the first time the BLS has acknowledged technical writers are distinct from other writers.
Membership in STC gives you
- Electronic versions of STC publications
- A free copy of the 2012-2013 Salary Database (available July 2013)
- Access to job bank postings, archived seminars, the STC blog, and TechComm Today
STC members get discounts on fees for
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator™ (CPTC) applications
- Annual Summits
- Web Seminars
- Online Certificate Courses
Join or Renew Now
To join or renew, go to https://www.stc.org/membership/join-or-renew-now
Note: Your dues may be tax deductible. For information, see https://www.stc.org/deduct-your-dues/