Join or Renew STC Now
STC membership is based on a calendar year. All memberships expire on 31 December. Individuals joining STC for the first time (or former members whose membership has lapsed more than one year) pay Society dues, a $15.00 enrollment fee, and chapter and SIG fees (if applicable). Because the full range of STC products and services is available to members immediately upon joining or renewing, STC dues are nonrefundable.
Note: Your dues may be tax deductible. For information, see https://www.stc.org/membership/deduct-your-dues/
Join or Renew your STC membership today to continue receiving exclusive benefits such as the member rate for the 2018 Summit in Orlando, Florida (STC's annual conference and exposition).
We encourage you to add the Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter as your home chapter or in addition to other chapters and SIGs you may join. Why should you join STC and the Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter? The Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter offers many opportunities to network with others in your field such as First Friday Lunches, InfoDecDC Meetups, Happy Hours, and other chapter events. You can explore your interests and expand your education and skills by attending webinars, TC Summer Camp, and participating in chapter committees and our technical communication competition. See Why Should You Join the WDCB Chapter? for more reasons to join the chapter.
See the following links for more information about STC and how to join:
- Membership dues: STC's 2018 membership season is now open!
- Chart of membership levels and dues at STC Membership Levels and Benefits.
- Adjusted dues for Emerging Nations: Countries and Territories with Adjusted Dues
- Adjusted dues for retired members: Retired membership Note: Retired membership renewals must be completed by paper form, or by contacting the STC office at 703-522-4114. Online renewals for retired members is not available. To qualify for retired membership, you must be 65 years of age or older, working 20 hours or less in the field, and be a consecutive member of STC for 10 years or more.
- Corporate Value Program (CVP) membership: The CVP enables organizations to purchase a package of individual memberships for an entire team, at a discounted rate.
STC has added a new benefit for members!
Welcome Office Depot to the STC Member Perks program!
STC is pleased to announce a new member benefit through Office Depot!
STC members save 10% off the Web price on more than 30,000 office supplies through the Office Depot Partner Program.
3 Ways STC Members Benefit:
- FREE SHIPPING: On orders over $50 (and under 50 pounds)
- EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS: 10% off the Web price
- CONVENIENT SHOPPING: Online and in-store shopping options
Easy to Order, Easy to Save! Through the STC Member Perks page you can set up a Discount Account with OfficeDepot to
- Shop online
- Shop in stores
Through the STC Member Perks program, you can take advantage of a variety of services and products at special member discounts. Participation in these programs provides a true return on your investment in membership. Take advantage of special member discounts with companies such as: Hertz, Lenovo, MadCap Software, UPS, Mass Market Insurance Consultants, and more!
To view all the STC Member Perks, see STC Member Perks.