For questions, please contact the events manager: events at events.stcwdc.org
- This event has passed.
The Foundation of Technical Illustration
May 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDTFree
This feature in The MasterClass in TechComm Speakers Series will teach the following:
1. When should written content be expressed in a technical illustration?
2. What are the different types of technical illustrations?
3. What are raster v. vector images, types of colors (CMYK v. RGB), and the various forms of graphical projections?
4. What are the commonly used technical illustration line weights, line types, and shading techniques?
5. What are Gestalt’s Principles of Design that present general guidelines that should be kept in mind when creating any image/graphic?
1. Discover how to determine when your content should be communicated graphically.
2. Learn how to communicate with graphic artists and illustrators with the use of common terminology.
3. Understand what the fundamentals are to create technical graphics in order to effectively instruct authors on what requests to make from graphic specialists.
About the Instructor
Adam Bradley develops aerospace documentation solutions for the United States Department of Defense (DoD) as a senior technical writer and graphic artist. He has a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Industrial Design from Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University (GSU). He is currently pursuing a Master of Science in Information Technology, Business Intelligence & Analytics from Purdue University Global.
Adam is a certified Adobe Expert in Adobe Illustrator; He is also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), and holds a certification in Agile Project Management from the University of Maryland.
Reach out to Adam via his website: https://adambradleystudio.com
WEBINAR ACCESS INFO:
This webinar is offered through GoToMeeting and will be recorded. All registrants will receive the link to the event in their e-ticket.
Please download the free GoToMeeting app to attend on your smart device, or attend by pasting the event link into your web browser. If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com.
Webinar Host: Tavia Record
President and Professional Development Program Director
STC Washington, D.C.-Baltimore Chapter