- This event has passed.
Register by 14 May for Fundamentals of Healthcare Writing!
17 May 2018 @ 8:00 am - 21 Jun 2018 @ 5:00 pm EDT
By the end of this course, you’ll learn:
1. The multiple facets of writing in the healthcare industry.
2. Research and statistics in health and science writing.
3. The best examples of health and science writing.
4. The differences between health writing, healthcare writing, medical writing, and health and science writing.
5. The various forms, functions, and features of writing, including media and press releases, content marketing, social media, blogs, and others.
Laura Jacobs, Director, Marketing and Alignment Strategies at the American Medical Association (AMA), is also an Adjunct Professor of Communications at the Rochester Institute of Technology. She is a marketing and communications strategist with more than 15 years of healthcare experience with in-house, agency, and nonprofit tenure, specializing in health policy, science, and medical education. Laura had a variety of corporate and healthcare clients while at Ketchum and Weber Shandwick, providing public relations and marketing communications strategic counsel for healthcare associations, healthcare systems and providers, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
Need to earn CEUs toward your CPTC currency? All STC online courses provide 6 CEUs toward maintaining your CPTC certification.