- This event has passed.
Chapter Year Kickoff Celebration
September 19 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm EDTFree
Unwind, socialize, eat, and celebrate another successful year at STC Washington, DC – Baltimore and the beginning of a new one! Please join us at the Lebanese Taverna in the Tysons Galleria (lower level of the mall between Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus) to thank our leaders and volunteers for their efforts and find out how you can make your own mark on the chapter. Get to know our new leaders for the 2019-2020 chapter year and let them know what it's like for you as a technical communicator today. Meet STC Fellows and Associate Fellows and learn what they did to earn these distinctions.
If you are not yet a member of STC or our chapter, you are also invited. We can't wait to meet you!
Admission includes dinner and soft drinks or iced tea. You pay for your own alcohol and dessert if desired.
If you've ever volunteered for us, please come so we can acknowledge your contribution. If you've benefitted from the efforts of those volunteers, whether by attending a program, workshop, webinar, please come and offer them your thanks for a job well done.
All of the following will be served family-style, along with warm, homemade pita with zaatar and olive oil. Sodas and iced tea are provided with the meal.
Family-Style Mezza and Salads
- Arnabeet (fried cauliflower, chickpeas, pine nuts, tahini dressing)
- Falafel (chickpea; fava bean fritters, tahini sauce)
- Traditional Hommus (puréed chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon)
- Taverna Salad (romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, feta, Lebanese Taverna house dressing)
- Chicken Kabob (grilled cubes of marinated chicken, mixed vegetables, garlic sauce)
- Mixed Shawarma (thinly sliced rotisserie beef and lamb, tahini sauce)