In our last email, we put out a call for an interim Membership Manager. We were incredibly fortunate that Jenny Staley answered our call. She is currently serving in this role and will be on our ballot for Second Vice President in early April. You can find out more about Jenny at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennystaley
Category: Weekly Announcements
Announcements from the chapter president with weekly updates on chapter activities and news.
Announcing our 2015 Officers
As Nominations Chairperson, I am pleased to announce our chapter’s leaders for 2015, following a tally of the responses to our election survey, which was managed by Survey Monkey. The election survey was open from October 14, 2014 to November 3, 2014. Of the 234 people invited to participate, 51 did so, a response rate of 28%.
The following chapter members will serve our chapter from January 1 to December 31, 2015.
President: Sean Stevenson
1st Vice President and Events Committee Manager: Liz Herman
2nd Vice President and Membership Manager: Becky Todd
Treasurer: Annette Reilly
Secretary: Lori Meyer
Director-at-Large and Social Media Manager: Viqui Dill
Director-at-Large and Webmaster: Cynthia A. Lockley
Director-at-Large and Competition Committee Manager: Gary Wayne
Our new officers will be supported by many of our longtime and new volunteers. Please consider joining us by contacting an officer (contact information for each officer is in the bio link above), attending an event and talking with us, or by taking a look at our Current Chapter Volunteer Openings.
Here’s to a great new year for the chapter!
UPDATE: 22 November 2014
Unfortunately, At-Large Director, Gary Wayne, has resigned for health reasons. At-Large Director, Cynthia Lockley, will fill his place as the competition manager for this year.
Won’t You Be Our Treasurer?
We are looking for one or more Chapter Treasurer candidates to serve a term of office of two years starting January 1, 2015.
Do I Qualify?
Candidates for Treasurer must be STC and Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter members in good standing. They should be be well-organized and attentive to detail. Previous experience as a treasurer is greatly helpful.
What Do I Have to Do?
The Treasurer has the following duties:
- Attend all administrative council and extended council meetings and submit a monthly fiscal status report.
- Receive and disburse chapter funds (as authorized by the administrative council).
- Submit budgets as required by the President or council, including the annual financial report to the Society’s Treasurer.
- Maintain paper and electronic records of the chapter’s income, expenses, and checking accounts. This includes the check register and a file containing all canceled checks and statements.
- Maintain copies of all statements, bills, and reimbursement requests.
- Maintain books and records so they can be inspected at any time by the administrative council or an independent auditor named by the administrative council.
- Submit a statement of the chapter’s financial status to the membership annually. The report to the membership may take the form of a statement published on the chapter’s blog.
- As soon as possible after June 30 of each year, and in accordance with the STC Bylaws, prepare the end-of-year Chapter Financial Report and submit it and supporting chapter financial records to the STC Treasurer before the September 30 deadline.
What’s in it for Me?
Chapter Treasurers are part of the chapter’s administrative council, a group of people with whom you will work toward common goals and who will support you professionally and personally. You will have a vote on all matters requiring one and will be able to propose significant activities and/or changes in direction. You will be able to attend most chapter events for free or at least a very reduced rate.
Chapter Treasurers are not required to attend all chapter events but are always welcome. This is the perfect job for those of you who cannot often attend evening events. All of your responsibilities can be done electronically. Most administrative council meetings are handled over the phone.
If you would like to be considered as a candidate or would like to talk through your decision with someone who has been there, contact Carolyn Klinger, Nominations Manager as soon as possible.