For LinkedIn members who belong to the Washington, DC Chapter, we now have a group in LinkedIn. To join the group, go to https://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/156478/0E75AF17AC33
Joining will allow you to find and contact other STC Washington, DC Chapter members on LinkedIn. The goal of this group is to help members:
- Reach other members of STC Washington, DC Chapter
- Accelerate careers/business through referrals from STC Washington, DC Chapter Group members
- Know more than a name – view rich professional profiles from fellow STC Washington, DC Chapter Group members
To join the Society for Technical Communication group, go to https://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/2926/71AB2B36FD7B
What is LinkedIn?
Your professional success often depends on your professional relationships. LinkedIn is professional networking that helps you get in touch or get back in touch with people who have helped or can help your career, find a new job, or find a client. If there is someone you’ve worked with that you’d like to give a recommendation for—you don’t have to wait to be asked to write one. Write it now—surprise them. They get a chance to review it and decide whether or not to post it to their profile. You may also request recommendations from your co-workers or bosses (three gets you to 100% of your profile if you’ve filled out everything else in the profile.) LinkedIn has many groups you can join such as alumni groups of corporations and universities, special interests, professional, and more. Search for ones to join at https://www.linkedin.com/groupsDirectory?trk=hb_side_grpsdir
LinkedIn is an online network of more than 25 million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries.
When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional accomplishments. Your profile helps you find and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you.
Your network consists of your connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking you to thousands of qualified professionals.
Through your network you can
- Find potential clients, service providers, subject experts, and partners who come recommended
- Be found for business opportunities
- Search for great jobs
- Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals
- Post and distribute job listings
- Find high-quality passive candidates
- Get introduced to other professionals through the people you know
LinkedIn is free to join. https://www.linkedin.com/
LinkedIn participates in the EU Safe Harbor Privacy Framework and is certified to meet the strict privacy guidelines of the European Union. All relationships on LinkedIn are mutually confirmed, and no one appears in the LinkedIn Network without knowledge and explicit consent.