STC and the International Summit Awards committee recognize the ISA judges and other volunteers for their contributions to the STC International Summit Awards (ISA).
To be considered to judge in the ISA, you do not have to be a member of STC. However, judges must meet at least two of the following qualifications:
- STC Senior Member
- 5+ years of experience in technical communication or a related field
- Teaching experience in technical communication or a related field
- Master’s degree or higher in technical communication or a related field
- CPTC or other certification by a related professional association, such as Project Management Profession (PMP) or Certified Performance Technologist (CPT)
- Previous winner of an STC or other communication competition award
- 3+ years of experience in the competition category in which you would like to judge
How to Apply
To apply as a judge in the international competition, fill out the STC ISA Judge Application (online judge application form). Complete this online form and submit it by February 9, 2015. Judges will be notified of their acceptance around February 15, 2015. If you are accepted as a judge, you will receive information on forms and judging policies.
For more information, contact:
Bernard Aschwanden, STC Associate Fellow
ISA Competition Manager
Vice President, Society for Technical Communication
phone: +1 905-833-8448