- This event has passed.
The UX Careers Handbook DC Launch Event
22 Sep 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Networking, Learning, Pizza, Beer + you can get your own copy of the book at the event for 35% off by ordering with your event ticket!
Big thank you to CHIEF for providing pizza and beer to all attendees! (As well as an awesome venue for the event!)
In partnership with UXPA DC
Learn what it takes to succeed as a UX professional and if you're an employer or recruiter, find out how you can hire better!
You'll find out:
- What kinds of UX career pathways are available to you
- How to frame yourself solidly as a UX-er through learning, personal branding and networking
- How to write/identify a good job description
- How to successfully apply for a UX job
- How to identify a good candidate and recognize a great UX portfolio
- Ways to become a part of the UX community
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM – Networking, pizza, beer and if you preorder here, pick up your copy of The UX Careers Handbook!
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Author Cory Lebson speaks followed by Q&A
- 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Additional networking and book signing
About the Book
The UX Careers Handbook offers an insider's look at how to be a successful User Experience (UX) professional from comprehensive career pathway descriptions to learning, personal branding, networking skills, building of resumes and portfolios, and landing a UX job.
The book goes in-depth to explain what it takes to get into and succeed in a UX career, be it as a designer, information architect, strategist, user researcher, or a variety of other UX career specialties. It presents a wealth of resources designed to help readers develop and take control of their UX career success, including perspectives and advice from experts in the field.
- Features interviews and personal stories from a range of industry-leading UX professionals to show readers how they broke into the industry, stayed with it, and evolved with it.
- Accompanied by a companion website that provides readers with featured articles and updated resources covering new and changing information to help them stay on top of this fast-paced industry.
- Provides worksheets and activities to help readers make decisions for their UX careers and build their soft business skills and portfolios.
About Cory Lebson
Cory Lebson has been a user experience consultant for nearly 20 years. He is the principal and owner of Lebsontech LLC, a successful small user experience consulting firm he established in 1997. Lebsontech focuses on user research and evaluation, user experience strategy, UX training, and mentoring.
Cory also greatly enjoys teaching topics related to user experience and technology. He regularly gives talks and workshops on topics related to UX career development, user experience, user research, information architecture, and accessibility. He has been featured on the radio and has published a number of articles in a variety of professional publications.
Cory has an MBA in marketing and technology management, as well as an MA in sociology and a BS in psychology. Cory is a past president of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) International and is also a past president of the UXPA DC Chapter.